Friday, June 20, 2008

Rivals or Friends?

I recently arrived back from Kota Belud yesterday. I was there along with 5 other students and a teacher for the State level English Style Parliamentary Debates 2008. We managed to place 3rd out of the 6 schools that participated. I'm happy and completely satisfied with our achievement. We went against last years National champs from Kota Kinabalu. Honestly, I thought that they were going to be really stuck up and mean. Just like a school where I'm from. The students think that they are above everyone, I'm guessing that this mindset is the cause of their early downfall when they met our school during the preliminary rounds. Muahahaha!
Anyway... The KK people were really friendly. After they mercilessly slaughtered us during the semi-finals we actually got together and made friends! And to think, before this we were really scared of them. We were literally petrified actually! Haha!
Guess it really goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover!

No comments: