Saturday, October 25, 2008

Career Talk

We had a Career Talk last Friday, which was organised by the Interact Club or rather the Rotary Club of Sandakan. It was supposed to be a talk for the Form 5 and Form 4 which were going to be leaving school soon. But we had Form 3 attending. There were 4 schools participating in this activity... I think I mentioned it before... Whatever, I'll just mention them again.

They were Sung Siew, St. Michael, St. Mary's Boys and St. Cecilia Convent. The talk itself was interesting, but because the screen was so tiny, the people in the back (including me) couldn't even make out the writing. I was squinting and I couldn't see... Though, I am wearing glasses so that must be one reason. [Note to self: Get eyes checked].

We also had foreigners come to our school to give talks. There were 5 but only 4 gave talks to us. They were from Denmark, 2 women and 2 (incredibly handsome) men. Keke~ Obviously the girls were all ogling at the men (cause they were super hot). I find it interesting at how fast convent school girls swarm at every guy that comes within 5 feet of them. 3 feet and you'd probably be seeing them getting seisures. Fortunately, I am not one of those girls. Honestly, the experience was nice and they were hot, but I was more interested in Denmark.

From what I heard, Denmark is a place with a lot of free stuff provided by the government, cold winters (below 0) and high taxes. The free stuff must be balanced by the taxes I guess... But the Danish (is that right?) government handles any education fees that you have... So that means free education and huge benefits. I quote "As long as we have education..."

My mouth literally dropped open at the statement. I mean, that's a cool thing! Imagine if Malaysia had those type of policies! Everyone would be educated and people who couldn't afford education could easily send their kids to school! I don't want to think about the negative side of it, I'm quite happy with the image in my head. All fluffy and nice...

They left soon after their talk. They took many pictures with everyone but frankly I wasn't interested. These few days, I haven't been interested in many things... My brain literally shut itself down after exams... We haven't finished our syllabuses either... But that's another subject... The main point is, they were taking pictures with everyone but I don't know whether I regret not taking pictures or not... Lol...

Whatever....

No comments: