Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thoughts

We as students are expected to be well mannered, polite, punctual and all that nice crap that our teachers are always telling us. But what about the teachers? Don't they need to be well mannered? Polite? Punctual? Don't these rules apply to them as well? As educators of the next generation, don't they have to set the bar for us and be good examples for the leaders of tomorrow?

They tell you that you have to greet any teachers that you meet and yet they do not return the greeting. I never knew that grunting was a greeting as well. They tell you that you have to be on time to school and yet they come into class about half an hour late. Does that qualify as punctual. They tell you that you have to be considerate of others and yet they expect you to be there to tend to their every needs when it suits them. We have stuff we need to do too! They expect you to finish all your assignments and projects saying that it's your responsibility, and yet they never finish marking the books you handed in 3 months ago!

How do you expect students to respect you when you don't even set a good example for us to follow?

Recent studies have shown that students, the teens, are looking for someone that they can look up to. A confidant in which they can put their trust into. If they can't find a role model in their home, they look to their teachers. But what if they can't find it in their teachers either.

I didn't have to look far for a role model. My family is full of great role models. I look up to my brothers and parents, feeding on their stories and experiences. I learn from them, as I would like to learn from my teachers. Though, all I've learned is that life is hard and that people like them don't make it any easier for the rest of us.

Maybe I should thank them?

I've learned to deal with all their idiocy. Their quirks. Their bad habits. They've made me somewhat patient.

At least now I'm better at ignoring idiots.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

true true..one good example are the spinsters. you know who. especially the head-huncho. did i spell that right?

*grabs a sword*

"OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

Clare said...

Muahahahahaha~ Exactly!

*Grabs a sword too*

Charge!!!!

Bernice said...

WOOT